Hey all and welcome back! Hope you had a nice weekend 🙂
Mine was actually a bit more exciting than normal since I went on a little weekend trip to Hershey Park with some of my family. I figured since this was the first time in awhile that I’ve taken a weekend trip, I would do a “What’s in My Travel Makeup Bag” post.
Now we were only there for 2 days and we didn’t do anything fancy, so these products are basically what’s in my current everyday makeup bag as well. So without further ado – let’s get straight into it!
- Ole Henriksen Cosmetic Bag: I love this bag for traveling since it’s lined with plastic on the inside so even if my foundation spills or powders break, clean up is as easy as grabbing and running a makeup wipe all around it. I think I got it free with a shipment at the beginning of the year, so I don’t know if they are even for sale, but you can plastic lined ones like it at TJ Maxx or any drugstore as well.
- Primers – Replenix UltiMATTE Perfection SPF 50+ (Face) & Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Original (Eyes): I always, always, ALWAYS use a face primer. The Replenix one is my favorite, not only because it has SPF 50, but it really keeps me matte throughout the day. It also fills in my pores and evens out the skin since it has a bit of a tint to it. I have also added in my UD Primer Potion as an everyday primer, but not just for my eyes. For some reason, my smile lines have been creasing like crazy no matter what foundation I’ve been using and I’ve found that using my eyeshadow primer in those lines really helps lessen the creasing slightly. I also apply some of the primer on my brows to really lock in my eyebrow products so they last all day – even when walking around Hershey Park in the heat.
- Foundation & Concealer – Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Foundation SPF 15 & Tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer: I switch the foundation and concealers I use all the time, but for traveling, the Tarte Amazonian Clay is great since it is in a squeeze tube which not only saves space, but also has a lower chance of spilling out all over your other stuff. I use the shade Fairly Light Neutral and apply with my Tarte The Buffer Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation Brush which is short enough to be convenient for travel, but large bristle-wise so application is really quick & flawless. I’ve been loving the Tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer in Light with my Luxie 120 Detail Round Buffer Brush for both under my eyes and on any blemishes I may have.
- Eyebrows – Benefit ka-BROW! Eyebrow Cream-Gel Color: I mentioned that I just picked this product up from Ulta in my Brow post from last week and I’ve been loving it ever since. The color (Shade 3) is not too cool or warm nor is it too light or dark. It matches my brows perfectly and I find that the formula really does last on my brows for a pretty long time. I applied with my regular Morphe R44 Angled Liner/Spoolie that I talked about in my Favorite Brushes post.
- Powders – Kat Von D Shade+Light Face Contour Palette (Set/Highlight/Contour) & Limited Edition Tarte Holidaze Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Surprised (Blush): I grabbed the Kat Von D palette for this trip even though it is relatively large, because I can use it for so many different things. I take the lighter powders and set my face with it, using the lightest one to brighten my under eyes, then I use the darker ones for contour & bronzer. Contour palettes like this one are great for eyeshadow as well! I also took a travel size Tarte blush in Surprise, which was a limited edition shade from their Holidaze collection last year. It is a nice matte pink that goes with pretty much everything while still looking natural. I brought my Luxie 504 Large Angled Brush and 514 Blush Brush for both setting the face, contouring, and adding blush.
- Brows & Lashes – Essence Make Me Brow in Soft Browny Brows & Essence Volume Stylist 18hr Lash Extension Mascara: I always set my brows with a gel and the Essence one is great for travel since it is so small. I also brought my eyelash curler – this is just a cheap CoverGirl one from CVS – and a new Essence mascara that I just picked up from Ulta for like $5.00! It gives great length, volume, and though it is not technically waterproof, I found that is really does hold up through sweat & oils produced throughout the day.
- Q-Tips & Sprays: I always bring Q-Tips on trips since they are good for so many different things. Makeup touch-ups, makeup removal, etc. I also brought the travel sized Skindinavia Primer & Finishing Spray. These are great to prep the skin and also lock in the look while still being space saving for travel.
That’s all from me! I know it’s not a lot, but if I’m not traveling for a wedding or going out every night, I usually don’t go crazy with my makeup. I love travel friendly packages like squeeze tubes or travel sized products, but even large palettes like the Kat Von D are great as long as they serve multiple purposes (in this case, to set, highlight and contour the face plus they can double as shadows for a quick eye look as well).
What about you? Anything that you can’t live without makeup-wise or would swap out from my bag to meet yours? Would you like more posts like this in the future? I do plan on going to Florida in December so I could do one on my travel skincare & makeup bag if you like. Let me know in the comments below and I’ll talk to you on Wednesday!